Monday, April 14, 2008

Emergency 911



I used to watch and love that show. Does anyone remember it? Anyway, that was hardly necessary for Andrew. I had just made a good cup of coffee at my “girls” bible study when I got the call. “Could you come home? I think I need to take Andrew to get some stitches.” This was April Fool’s Day, by the way, and my first thought was, “Good one!” No such luck.

Margo and Andrew had been playing in the bed when Andrew rolled out and hit his eyebrow area on the nightstand. It split open and made a nice little cut and blood pool around him. I came home, let the hubby stay with the “boys” bible study (which was at our house), and took Andrew to the ER. He was great and at times was more concerned about Margo than himself. (She blamed herself and was very upset, even after being told this was not about her!)

They were able to use the glue instead of having to do stitches and I am happy to report it is healing quite well. It is in fact, still on!

1 comment:

Fun With Five said...

oh my gosh...margo's reaction sounds EXACTLY like jake...it's NOT about you "first born, world still revolves around me, regardless of the fact there are 4 other people in this family" child! i doubt sweet margo takes it that far, but i can totally relate to that story! glad andrew survived-first of many for these boys of ours, i'm sure!