We didn’t really know what to expect that morning, and I did not want to make a big deal about the competition itself. Let’s just enjoy the process and learn from it, right? I was a little surprised then by my own disappointment for Margo as we approached her artwork and saw a white ribbon hanging on it. In case you don’t remember, the ribbons are as follows: blue is Excellent, red is Good, and white for Thanks for Entering (not really, but I don't know exactly and that is what it felt like anyway.). I really do love art and the very attempt to create it. As any good mom would at that moment, I began talking about how great it was to participate and what we could learn from the other pieces, blah, blah, blah. But, Margo’s art teacher started to look at the judges comments and markings on their papers. She said the two things didn’t match and thought it should be a red ribbon. She left to verify the markings in the school computer.
She came back with a BLUE ribbon!! I thought I might cry when I saw the look on Margo’s face. She blushed three shades of red and smiled so big I am sure it hurt. Apparently, the judges did not add up the numbers correctly on their sheet and put the wrong ribbon on the artwork. Thank you Mrs. Meredith for noticing!!!! I was so proud of her—not just because she got a blue ribbon that day, but because she was composed when she did not, satisfied when it might be red and then soared when it was blue!
Great work Margo!
2 comments:
yeah for margo...so glad you are back to the blogging world...only a few more weeks til we see you in person!
I don't know why but this made me cry ... way to go, Margo!
Post a Comment