Monday, May 12, 2008

To My East Texas Sistas

Thank you. Thank you for greeting me with a smile upon one unannounced visit. Thank you for the hospitality of family and their willingness to share such a beautiful place with us all. Thank you for driving in the dark to join us. Thank you for the laughter—oh, the laughter! Thank you for the love, grace and truth that is our friendship. Thank you for the good times. And thank you for keeping the heart strings short, though the miles are long. Thank you.



4 comments:

Hal and Susan Everett said...

I made it on the BLOG, I made it!!!!Okay.... that sooo way fun, and I have been watching to see when you were going to write about Friday night! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time (sad to say) and that made it even more meaningful! Several things I'm still smiling over: seeing Kalen, watching Mandi tell a good (and I mean GOOD) story, having a new Jason Castro groupie-twin (& thinking about my groupie-twin's college days... holding the hair back...), Renee's wine offerings, and rejoicing w/ Stacie re: her gift for her mom.

Does it have to be only once a year?!! Maybe this could turn into the type of girls' weekend that includes plane tickets one day! Yes, we can dream, although I'm not sure anything would be any better than the lovely lake house... Perfect! love ya to my new sistas!!! Susan

Fun With Five said...

OOOHHHH...how I wish I were going there this weekend! The time passed too fast! I'm with Susan...let's not wait another year to do this! And by the way Susan...we all voted and you are SOOOO in! :) hee hee! Truth is, you were in before you even wanted to be in!
Thanks for making the drive Kalen!

Liz said...

KALEN has a blog!!! Through some weird twist & turn, I found a blog that had a link to yours on it. Don't even ask me whose blog it was. I don't remember, but wow! Kalen Mainord has a blog! How fun! I have one, too, but on a different site. Email me! Lizreeves2@aol.com

Oh...by the way, this is Liz Reeves from Bethel!

the bryans said...

Thank you Kalen for driving to come visit us - what a wonderful weekend together! It is encouraging for me to see that miles do not affect precious friendships. Love you so much!