Friday, June 6, 2008

Abort! Abort!

So . . . I'm not so good at war. Perhaps I was being a little overly dramatic to begin with, declaring war and all. While the arrival of any swimsuit is cause for some serious drama, I think my inner drama queen surfaced and spoke too quickly. War requires thought, preparation, and action. Drama Queen might be ready for that, but I am not. (I ate some great homemade chocolate chip cookies today and drank a Dr. Pepper too!) War produces too many casualties--namely me!

I am, instead, ready to initiate a mini-revolution of the mind regarding my health, nutrition and body image. (How's that for a cautious approach to change?)To achieve the results I want, I need to make better choices. However, I also need to adjust the results I want to create goals I can actually achieve. For example, I just may have to come to terms with the fact that Madonna at 50 will look better than I will probably ever look at 40! You know, my favorite definition of insanity goes something like this: Insanity is expecting a different outcome without making any changes to the process.

No doubt, change needs to happen. I am still considering the food journal, some diet changes and different exercise routines. I will just approach it with a little more gentleness, clarity and commitment. Not so much "Rambo" right now. At least not until that is necessary . . . and sometimes it is.

1 comment:

Fun With Five said...

I love it! I'm right there with you...still plugging away! The food journal always works great for me. I am starting mine again tomorrow. We were out of town this weekend...close to your old neck of the woods (Little Rock) and I had a grand old time...including some burgers, burritos, and some homemade pie. So...tomorrow, I will be back on the wagon.