For these reasons, I was a little nervous about teaching Botany, but, a little excited too. Maybe I would learn something?! I don't know if my thumb is any greener yet, but I am enjoying the class (I might even like it more than the kids--often the case in our homeschool!). This lightbox is one of our projects and where the cucumber plants were grown. We tried several other things too: parsley, mint, oregano, and cilantro. You could barely see the mint poking through the dirt, while the others seemed to grow well. However, we should have moved the plants to bigger pots so they would continue to grow. We did not, and now they are dead. So goes the life of a plant in our house. But hey, we are making progress. Plants do live here--just not indefinitely.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Proof: Plants Do Live Here.
For these reasons, I was a little nervous about teaching Botany, but, a little excited too. Maybe I would learn something?! I don't know if my thumb is any greener yet, but I am enjoying the class (I might even like it more than the kids--often the case in our homeschool!). This lightbox is one of our projects and where the cucumber plants were grown. We tried several other things too: parsley, mint, oregano, and cilantro. You could barely see the mint poking through the dirt, while the others seemed to grow well. However, we should have moved the plants to bigger pots so they would continue to grow. We did not, and now they are dead. So goes the life of a plant in our house. But hey, we are making progress. Plants do live here--just not indefinitely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
NOw I'm thinking instead of sending my kids to Green next year, I'll just drop them off at your house. I'm very impressed with your little Botany class projects.
Post a Comment