Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Wolf Man


Remember the soccer-lovin'-Rhinos? We are now the basketball-shootin'-Wolves! And today my little man scored 22 points in his game!! You couldn't wipe the grin off of his face with sandpaper! His games are a hoot. I must admit that I am a verbal fan. I talk about the plays throughout the game. I clap when they are doing the right thing, and I gasp when the ball bounces off the backboard. Maybe it is the roudy ole' cheerleader in me or the watchful Mother Hen, I don't know. Either way, it is lots of fun watching the games. In fact, I don't understand those people who can sit calmly in their seat and watch their kids play sports. I think it's unnatural really.

We picked up our team pictures today. I stood in line, walked up to the counter and burst out laughing when they pulled out the pictures, calendar cover, plaque, and then, this! I told the man I thought the little 6" statue of my grinning boy holding his basketball was a little creepy actually--and that I had to have it! I imagined all kinds of fun we could have with this thing; it could be a game piece; we could make a show with it; it could just appear on the dresser of any unsuspecting family member; the possibilities are endless! I, of course, paid a ridiculous amount for this chess piece. But, honestly, I think it was worth every penny! Jealous are you? I see a white elephant in the very near future--oh no, never!

1 comment:

Fun With Five said...

You should have one made for each member of the family!!! hee hee... I love it!