It is because of days like today that I enjoy homeschooling, not because we got up and everything went perfectly. Believe me, it didn't. It never does. I enjoyed today because I sat with Matthew and finished a puzzle, while the others did their work; Andrew finished reading a book to me that he enjoyed and said, "We stopped yesterday when it was just getting good!"; and Margo will end this day having completed a nice amount of work herself and can be proud of what she has accomplished.
But, that is not what I enjoyed most about this day. Today, we went to the park and had a good time. Margo packed a nice lunch for us. We all loaded the bikes in the back of the truck, grabbed some balls, and headed out. It was a beautiful day to be outside for a little while. A change of scenery can do wonders! The kids raced around the park, going back on occasion to help Matthew, while I looked at a book. We stopped to eat. Then, we all shot some hoops before coming back home to hit the afternoon list of "to dos."
I was told there would be days like this. And I am thankful. I will press on.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mama said there'd be day like this.....
Post a Comment