Alright, it finally happened. We made it through two kids (although we are hardly through with them) without this happening. Third's a charm, huh? We all walked outside to watch the tractor dig up what was the front of my neighbor's yard. We started talking about going back inside. Basically, I started talking about it, so that in the next few minutes everyone else would catch on. Matthew led the way. (He is still in that stage--I hear. I do.) He then did as we always do. He walked in the house, turned around, shut the door and locked it. However, the rest of us were still outside!
Because we were just stepping outside, I didn't have keys, a phone or shoes on (I am an Arkansan, you know!). Matthew only started to really panic and cry after Andrew started ringing the doorbell. Matthew has a big fear of our house alarm going off, as it does when the electricity goes off. Honestly, it's sound must equal that of the city tornado siren. Perhaps it is there to actually sound loud enough that the fire department down the street can here it! Thanks big brother for helping out.
I went next door and borrowed their phone to call Clay. I knew Nene, who also has a key, wasn't at home because she had a dentist appointment. Clay had just started a long series of tests on a patient. Thankfully, his office manager was willing to bring us the keys! Before she could get here, Matthew finally turned hard enough on the lock to get it undone. However, not before I turned to see Andrew coming from around the backyard holding a pole twice his size, ready to get in at all costs! Whew! Just in time. All's well that ends well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hooray! I am so glad you have entered the world of blogging, too. Jordan one time turned the lock on our door and locked all of us out of the house. We were disappointed to find out just how easy it was to break into our home - a great learning experience!!
Post a Comment